Peer review policy of JournalNX for journal articles
Many times we came across the words peer review process, it is really important to
understand what actually a peer review process is, how it is carried out and how the decisions
are made for acceptance or rejection of paper.
The reviewers play a vital role in scholarly publishing and improving the quality of research
work or paper. Peer review is the process of evaluating the quality of research paper and work
carried out by authors.
It also helps the research community to come together for empowerment of technology and research.
To access the quality of research paper and to improve the manuscript, peer review is accepted globally.
Types of Peer Review
Single Blind Review
- In this process, the author of research paper will not knowing the
name of reviewers allotted for the paper.
- This is one of the most conventional methods.
- Reviewer has full rights to take decisions for the manuscript fairly,
as authors names are not known.
- Reviewer is totally unaware author, so decisions are only made by
evaluating the quality of research paper.
Double Blind Review
- Both the reviewer and the author do not know names of each other.
- This process is fair and most effective method to evaluate the quality of
research work carried out by authors.
- The papers written by renowned authors are considered by contents of the paper rather
than authors background.
- In double blind review, the biased assessment due to factors like authors country, background,
other contributions in the field are avoided and the decision is made on the basis of high quality of
- In an open review reviewer and author are known to each other.
- Few people are supporting this method mentioning its advantages like it
is better way to avoid the plagiarism, cruel comments by reviewer.
- We believe this method results in poor quality of research papers many times.
- As the evaluator and authors are known to each other, the judgmental decisions may be
taken by knowing the background of author.
What JournalNX implements?
- JournalNX supports and believes in double blind review.
Double blind review is carried out by minimum 3 reviewers per paper.
- The average is taken by the evaluation report produced by each reviewer, and the average
results are considered for acceptance, rejection and improvements in journal papers.
- The review report of each paper is also provided to author, to make them understand
the areas of improvement in article.